KU on Wheels exists to provide safe, convenient, reliable and responsive public transit services to enhance the social and environmental well-being of the University of Kansas community.
All routes are currently in service.
Finals Week – Early Bus Service
In order to help students arrive on campus in time for 7:30 a.m. final exams, the following transit routes will start early December 11-15:
- Route 11: Service will start at the regular time, 6:03 a.m.
- Route 27: Service will start at 6:25 a.m. from Haskell University.
- Route 29: Service will start at 6:52 a.m. from 27th & Scottsdale.
- Route 30: Service will start at 6:50 a.m. from Chelsea Place (westbound).
- Route 36: Service will start at 6:35 a.m. from Gateway Court and at 6:50 a.m. from North Michigan.
- Route 38: Service will start at 6:45 am from 25th & Melrose.
- Route 42: Service will start at 7:01 a.m. from lot 94 at the stadium, and at the regular time from 18th Street, 7:10 a.m.
- Route 43: Service will start at 6:55 a.m.
All routes will end service at their normal times each day. Route and schedule information is online at www.lawrencetransit.org.
Stop Day – Limited Service
On Stop Day, Friday, December 8, the following routes will not operate: 27, 30, 36, 38, 42, 43, and 44. Routes 11, 29, and 41 will operate their ‘B’ schedules on Stop Day, and will return to their ‘A’ schedules for one week on Monday, December 11.
Sunday Night Service
In cooperation with the Office of First Year Experience, there will be on-campus bus service on Sunday evening, December 10. Two buses will operate 8 p.m. – midnight. They will be running a modified version of route 43, which will include a stop at Oliver Hall.
End of Fall Semester
Service ends on December 15 for routes 27, 30, 36, 38, 42, 43, and 44. Routes 11, 29, and 41 will operate the ‘B’ schedule during Winter Break. Route 41 will not operate at all December 25-January 1. All routes will resume regular service on Tuesday, January 16.
SafeRide & SafeBus
SafeRide will start at 9:30 p.m. during Finals Week, with the last night of service on Friday, December 15. SafeRide will also operate regular hours (10:30 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.) on New Year’s Eve (December 31). Spring service will resume Monday, January 15.
SafeBus’ last night of service will be Saturday, December 9, and will resume on Thursday, January 18.
Follow @KUSafeBus on Twitter, or like KU on Wheels and SafeRide/SafeBus on Facebook.